How to Update Windows 8 Graphics Driver?
A Graphics Driver is a critically important component of your computer. It is one of those things that are so much confusing to average computer users. It is important to know when and how to update Windows 8 Graphics Driver.
How does a Graphics Driver Work?
A Driver can be defined as a software that translates Window's generic instructions into commands specified by the user. It makes the hardware act according to given instructions. For example: When the print command is given, the relevant driver translates it to make your operating system recognize the command and print documents accordingly.
The need for drivers arise because Windows doesn't know everything about every possible piece of hardware. A Graphics Driver plays an important role in Windows 8. The way things appear on your screen and the quality of graphics depend on graphics driver. Many games nowadays require latest driver versions with a supported graphics card installed.
Following are the benefits of updating Windows 8 Graphics Driver:
- Boosts system performance;
- Enhances display quality;
- Makes it possible to play high resolution games;
- Makes it possible to run multimedia contents, animations and videos.
Newer versions of Graphics Driver are released often. They offer system-wide performance, stability and huge improvements to boost your gaming and multimedia performance.
How Often should I Update Graphics Driver?
You should update your display driver on a regular basis, it will help making Windows 8 run faster, stable and secure.
Option 1: Run Windows Update
Windows Update is a tool used to install new patches and updates offered by Windows.
- Click the Start button on your Taskbar.
- Click Search box on the right side of your screen.
- Type Windows Update in the Search box.
- Click on the Apps icon.
- Click Windows Update from the Search Results.
- Click Check for Updates button.
- Windows will check for new updates online. Please wait.
- Click Install Updates button.
- Restart your computer.
Option 2: Check Graphics Driver Manufacturer Websites
Check the website of your graphics card manufacturer to update Windows 8 Graphics Driver. Following are the links of some of the popular graphics card manufacturers.NVIDIA:
Option 3: Use Device Manager
Device Manager gathers list of all installed devices. Update Windows 8 Graphics Driver as below:
- Click Start button.
- Click on the Search box.
- Type Device Manager in the Search box.
- Click the Apps icon.
- Click Device Manager from the Search Results.
- A list of all installed devices shall appeear. Double click Display Adapter.
- Right click your graphics card, select Update Driver Software.
- Follow the wizard on your screen.
Option 4: Install Driver Scanner
The best way to update Windows 8 Graphics Driver is to use Driver Scanner Software Version 2013. It is a specialized software used to update graphics card and other drivers. It automatically searches new driver updates and installs them on your PC. The end result is reduced PC errors and increased stability.
- Download Driver Scanner
- Double click the downloaded file and follow the installation wizard.
- Click the Home tab.
- Click Start PC Scan Now button.
- Let the scan finish.
- A list of all driver updates shall appear. Check-up your Display Driver and click Download Selected Items button.
- The download and install process shall start automatically.